The perfect childhood summer vacation is incomplete without the one riding in the toy train on scenic mountains of the Indian mainland, especially the Kalka-Shimla Toy Train. The views are breathtaking and provide a serene experience in between stopping stations which adds up to the topping on the ice cream of summer holidays and year-end celebrations with family and friends. The trip to the mountains on a toy train is an equal delight for the kids, adults, and age olds and so attracts tourists and travellers both alike.
India’s historical toy trains have continuously hosted millions of domestic and international tourists and travellers around the year for the last several years. The heritage ride in these five beautiful lush green mountain routes attracts tourists to the state and brings economic prosperity and employment opportunities for the local regional people:
- Kalka-Shimla Toy Train in Himachal Pradesh gives chills by passing through several tunnels and overbridges to the travellers and pass through numerous scenic points throughout the journey and urge you to take several pictures to take place in your memory lane.
- Kangra-Shimla Toy Train in Himachal Pradesh provide a full view of the Dhauladhar Mountain Range and passes through the beautiful tea gardens of Palampur.
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, West Bengal gives an exciting travel experience to the tourist and travellers in the naturally beautiful landscape of Dajeelling with snow-clad mountains on the ride.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Tamil Nadu bring the experience of Asia’s steepest rail ride through rocky terrains and dense forests of the Nilgiri mountains for the riders.
- Matheran Hill Railway, Maharashtra gives the experience of century-old rail service in the region by passing through awful ascents and descents.
Seeing its rising popularity and to enhance the extraordinary unique travel experience for tourists, recently three more toy trains are planned to add to the most beloved UNESCO heritage toy train ride on the Kalka-Shimla route after 118 years. The ride is thus beautifully attracting more tourists to this natural landscape and helping to accelerate the economic growth and up-gradation in the standard of living of the locals in the area more than before.